Wednesday, January 23, 2013

THE MOST IMPORTANT APP ON MY SMART PHONE

THE MOST IMPORTANT APP ON MY SMART PHONE

I use some apps several times a day, but they are not the most important.

I use one or two apps for hours it seems like, but they are not the most important.

Does use make an app important? Or does the mobile accessibility?

My iPhone settings tell me I have over two hundred apps and now I am deleting apps that are redundant or not as helpful as others.

But my most important app sat quietly in a folder with the name "Utilities" for the better part of the time I have had this phone. I had used it once when I got the phone just to make sure it worked, it did, and I forgot about it till late last year.

I received a gift from someone very special to me. They were concerned that I was letting business dominate my schedule. It was. It is easy. Not the best plan. But it was the only plan I had.

I was given a gift that directs your mind towards the important things in your life. I have seen schedulers that attempt to prioritize tasks and even some that values can be the sorting criteria. I have several accounting apps that tell me the same thing, I can rob Peter to pay Paul. They help, but they, the calendars, and all the task lists are not the most important.

The only use for my most important app was printed in block letters on the gift card attached to the gift, "Use this when you feel lost and need to find your way home", a COMPASS. My most important app sits now on my home page within thumbs reach from all the other apps I use in a busy day. I do not intend to get lost again.

What is your most important app????

No comments:

Post a Comment